Well, I am officially 26. And I am also officially blogging from a Mac Book WAHOO!! I’ve only been wanting once since I was 18 years old and 8 years later, I GOT ONE!
My birthday was another great one. I spent the entire day making everyone celebrate with me and ended it with a delicious dinner with my favorite dude.
In honor of my 26th birthday – I decided to make a list of 26 things I want to accomplish/do (some much bigger than the others!) before I hit 27. Hopefully I can come back to this list and check each one off in 1 year.
1. Take a trip to California
2. Pay off any debt that is not tied to student loans…because those will never be paid off
3. Run my first full marathon!
4. Take on more responsibility at the ol’ 9-5
5. Learn to stand up paddle board
6. Go kayaking
7. Go white water rafting
8. Take a trip to Jackson Hole, WY
9. Run a sub 1:30 half marathon
10. Run 2,000+ miles
11. Take a spin class
12. Make these – but I like the look of wooden letters in the front rather than painted on.
13. And then make this - I would change a few things on this one, but the idea of it is what I love. I have a roomie with a few business trips coming up and I think he may just come home to a bored girlfriend who made a random bookshelf bar…lucky guy.
14. Put $$ in my savings account without taking it out
15. Cut back on candy to only 1 serving a week – this shouldn’t be too hard since I’m pretty sure all of the candy my mom sent me for my birthday should cover me until the next one
16. Put more time into the blog and become an ambassador
17. Run a sub 20 minute 5K
18. Volunteer…I have no problem volunteering, I actually love it and had a blast with the Big Brother Big Sister program…I need to find a place that doesn’t mind a little infraction on the background check
19. Read more books – again, I love to read but I have trouble finding good books on my own
20. Snowboard in Colorado
21. Make it back to Seattle!
22. Master a healthy dish
23. Take a trip to Lake Tahoe!!
24. Send the loudest toys I can find to the new little nugget my brother and SIL will be having next year – you’re welcome for this one guys
25. Only giving into my sweet tooth once a week (that’s 1 serving of candy + 1 serving of sweets…I get both!)
26. This is a biggy…get a Boston qualifying time when I run my first marathon.
I officially have 363 days to complete that list! Time to get started! If everything goes as planned, I will be running my first full marathon in June of next year, but until everything is booked and signed up for, I don’t want to put it out there yet just in case something doesn’t work out.
Have a great weekend! Utah’s resorts open this weekend and the snow is supposed to start dumping so I will be out getting in my first snowboard runs of season!